Friday, January 11, 2013

Tea of Week: Zhena's Ambrosia Plum White

I had about half an hour to kill at a shopping center that houses a World Market.  Naturally, I had to make my way to the tea sampling station at the back of the store.  Sadly, the dispenser for the tea was empty, but as I browsed along the shelf, I saw this Ambrosia Plum White Tea from Zhena's Gypsy Teas.  I was curious.  Would all the other flavors -- including strawberry and rose overwhelm a delicate white tea?

Liquor -- light, but with a warm golden tint

Aroma -- Sweet, with a distinct floral note and a whiff of licorice
Body -- light
Flavors --  This tea has a good balance of flavors, with none of them really overwhelming the others.  The fruity plum note is actually more understated than expected.  You also get a nice taste of rose before a hint of acidity hits your tongue.

No comments:

Post a Comment