Tuesday, September 11, 2012

New Teapot

I got a new tea set.  I held an oriental-themed tea party to take pictures for the tea party plan book I am working on, and it was a great excuse to splurge -- though the whole set only cost about 20 bucks. 


I wanted to use one of the teacups to make the centerpiece.  (I'm posting just one pic, as sort of a sneak-peek).

It came in a golden cardboard box, with each piece nestled in golden satin.  Since I bought it for the picture on the outside of the cups, I was surprised to find out how well made it really is.  The cups are somewhat small on the inside, but the double wall of the cup keeps them from getting hot to hold.  There is a mark on this set, but I can't read it.


The best thing about this set?  The generous strainer that practically fills the pot!

No comments:

Post a Comment